sâmbătă, 9 august 2008

Forword to Good Bye - perfect!

It comes a time when looking back doesn't mean weakness, nor excessive affection. Leaving the country two weeks form now doesn't make me aware of impact with another culture, one that can be pretty harsh, considering the different, German-US, approach to education. Many asked me for reasons to leave, but I've always considered that the purpose of my departure eradicated their curiosity. In fact, some looked for some spectacular proof for the fact I don't suit to the Romanian System. I won't comment upon the back up solution for my undergraduate studies here, but I'd really have few reasons to stay home. Of course, they all appeal to sensitivity, but today I felt something more than a strong emotion towards my country.

The Olympic Games luckily started for Romanians, so WE gained a Golden Medal in Judo in the 1st day. I was just reading the article in the newspaper and I was overwhelmed by the feeling of victory. It wasn't only a matter of devotion to my nation, but the taste of being on top that made me tremble. I have lived less intensive feelings for my own success, maybe because I didn't reach a point to please me.

Perfection is definitely not a point on verge of victory , neither one to make me self-sufficient. A realistic success, based on well-balanced emotional, intellectual and physical condition may configure a robot portrait of a victory. Sometimes it can be annoying that the so-called perfect scores or perfect performance are excessively praised by others around. For so long I felt a threat in my previous success, so that I had always to raise above myself.
Before leaving, I think is high time to establish other parameters for what I shall call 'performance'. Some that are not necessarily related to academic performance, but to self-management (these are quite rude and worn out terms, but I can't avoid them now). Life of responsible grown-ups demands more than a perfect body or a column of A-s.

Niciun comentariu: