marți, 2 septembrie 2008

Annual Opening

Green mood, fresh morning dreams drown in the morning coffee...1st of September. Office clothes prepared, discreet make-up, shy smile hiding inner tension.
Ceremony begins. President, professors, organizers delivering speeches, students and faculty cheering up. I pinch myself to believe it is true.

I am officially student.(first from my ex-high school class)

Signing the code of integrity and the official book of students was a part of the ritual, and so did the loyalty oath. The few words we all repeated loudly just made me tremble. I remembered again the previous comparison between university and army.
Well, I still don't feel responsibility running through my veins, but it is quite big step towards maturity.

I even took my first courses today - Academic and Professional Skills and French- and even change some courses in my schedule for this week. I consider myself to be very committed to what means academic mission, but I won't make a supreme ideal from high school achievement. I'm really sick of that!
I need a refreshing goal, one to turn on the mechanisms of affection and sensibility. I'm starting to want being myself.





STATUS QUO - YOU'RE IN THE ARMY NOW

Niciun comentariu: